Rory Cowan still gets paid tens of thousands of euros in royalties for Mrs Brown's Boys


Generous funnyman Brendan O'Carroll still pays ex-employee Cowan even though he doesn't have to




Rory Cowan gets paid tens of thousands of euros in royalties every year for Mrs Brown’s Boys.

Generous funnyman Brendan O’Carroll still pays ex-employee Cowan even though he doesn't have to.



Cowan, 59, said: “I get royalties four times a year but I never have any idea when or how much until Brendan sends a text.”

Every few months the Dubliner receives a text from O’Carroll saying “Hi Rory, this amount is going into your bank account”.


























Cowan added: “And it’s usually substantial because Mrs Brown is always on TV. Every time I switch on the TV, Mrs Brown is on.”
He revealed how he quit his job as marketing manager at EMI Ireland to become O’Carroll’s publicist.

He told the Irish Sun: “People said to me 'are you f***ing crazy?' but I really believed Brendan would be a big star one day and I was proved right.
“In a 40-year career, I only had two bosses: EMI Records, and Brendan O’Carroll who is still sending me cheques.”
Cowan, who played hairdresser Rory Brown, quit Mrs Brown’s Boys two years ago to look after mum Esther before she tragically passed away aged 85 in last November.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Is Mrs Brown coming to Canada?

Mrs Brown's Boys Family Tree - how are the cast related in real life?

Luxury Shed GIVEAWAY!